- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Star Movies regains top spot in Week 41
MUMBAI: Star Movies edged past Sony Pix and Movies Now to emerge as the top English movie channel for the week ended 14 October.
Sony Pix stayed put at No. 2 while Movies Now dropped to the third spot, BARC data for Week 41 showed.
HBO slipped to the fifth position, giving way to Zee Studio.
Top 5 movies
‘The Monkey King 2’, shown on Zee Studio, was the top-rated movie of the week.
‘Die Another Day’ on Sony Pix was the second top-rated English movie of the week.
Star Movies had two of its airings in the top five while Movies Now had one.
Top English entertainment channels
Comedy Central returned to the top spot, edging past Zee Café. AXN HD jumped a rank to be at No. 2 while Star World HD slipped out of the top five.
Zee Café also slipped from its top spot to take the third position.
Colors Infinity HD winged its way to the top five in Week 41.
Top infotainment channels
History TV18, which had slipped to No. 3 among infotainment channels the previous week, regained its second position while Discovery continued to be the market leader in the genre.
NGC jumped a rank to take the third spot. Animal Planet slipped from No. 2 to the fourth position.
Top kids channels
Pogo jumped from No. 4 to No. 2 while Nick retained its top spot. Cartoon Network dropped a rank to be at No. 3.