- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Star Movies brings back #YouPickTheFlick to boost viewer engagement
MUMBAI: Star Movies has brought back the initiative #YouPickTheFlick in a new avatar. Viewers get to pick the film of their choice, which then airs on the channel from 8 November 2014.
According to the channel, it always strives to enhance the viewer experience and will now empower the viewers by letting them decide which movie they want to watch on Star Movies every weekend.
Every Saturday, Star Movies will pit two of the latest movies for the YPTF battle for the following week, and viewers will battle it out using their Facebook page and Twitter handles.
The first edition of the initiative offers viewers the choice of either ‘Incredible Hulk’ or ‘Iron Man’. The winner will be announced on 8 November on the channel. The week after, ‘Fast and Furious 6’ and ‘Death Race’ will race for votes. For the romantics, ‘Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2’ will be competing with Dan Brown’s ‘Angels and Demons’.
The earlier version of ‘You Pick the Flick’ was launched two years back and looked to push Sundays.
Star India GM English cluster Kevin Vaz said, “At Star Movies, all our initiatives are created with our viewer in focus. Their needs and choices drive our innovations. So #YPTF or You Pick The Flick was a natural extension that goes one step ahead in empowering our viewers and giving them the power of choice. We want to have a deeper interaction with our viewers and enrich their movie watching experience.”