- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Star Jalsha launches two non-fiction shows
MUMBAI: Star India’s Bengali channel Star Jalsha is launching two non-fiction shows from 3 May. It is also extending two of its fiction shows to seven days a week.
The channel will launch ‘Bhayabachaka’ and ‘Ebar Jalsha Rannaghare’. Further, the audience will also see the two popular fiction programmes, ‘Ishti Kutum’ and ‘Chokher Tara Tui’, seven days a week.
Airing at 8 pm, ‘Bhyabachaka’ is the Bengali version of the game show ‘Distraction’. This popular game show is a Fremantle Media format that has been produced in 16 territories worldwide including US, UK, Italy, Spain, Canada and Channel V in India.
‘Ebar Jalsha Rannaghare’ will air at 7 pm. The cookery show will see authentic cooking being supported by a celebrity anchor; there will be two unique guests on a regular basis. Both the guests will be characters from Star Jalsha shows. There will also be another regular guest, who is a ‘celebrity chef’ and works as a ‘tadka’.
Other than the new line-up, Star Jalsha is also extending ‘Ishti Kutum’ to 6:30 pm and ‘Choker Tara Tui’ to 7:30 pm; they will air seven days a week.