- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Star Jalsha launches two non-fiction shows
MUMBAI: Star India’s Bengali channel Star Jalsha is launching two non-fiction shows from 3 May. It is also extending two of its fiction shows to seven days a week.
The channel will launch ‘Bhayabachaka’ and ‘Ebar Jalsha Rannaghare’. Further, the audience will also see the two popular fiction programmes, ‘Ishti Kutum’ and ‘Chokher Tara Tui’, seven days a week.
Airing at 8 pm, ‘Bhyabachaka’ is the Bengali version of the game show ‘Distraction’. This popular game show is a Fremantle Media format that has been produced in 16 territories worldwide including US, UK, Italy, Spain, Canada and Channel V in India.
‘Ebar Jalsha Rannaghare’ will air at 7 pm. The cookery show will see authentic cooking being supported by a celebrity anchor; there will be two unique guests on a regular basis. Both the guests will be characters from Star Jalsha shows. There will also be another regular guest, who is a ‘celebrity chef’ and works as a ‘tadka’.
Other than the new line-up, Star Jalsha is also extending ‘Ishti Kutum’ to 6:30 pm and ‘Choker Tara Tui’ to 7:30 pm; they will air seven days a week.