- Arun Jaitley calls for expeditious use of penalising power by ED
- Triple talaq misused to satify lust, says UP minister
- 9 lakh registered companies not filing returns: Revenue Secretary Adhia
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai received nearly US $200 million salary last year
- India welcomes Cyprus support for NSG bid
- Murder at Jaya's tea estate: Main suspect killed, another injured in two accidents
Star Jalsha launches period saga ‘Agnijal’
MUMBAI: Star Jalsha and Star Jalsha HD, the Bengali general entertainment channels of Star India, will air Shree Venkatesh Films’ period saga ‘Agnijal’ from 21 November at 8 pm.
Set in medieval Bengal, the story dramatises the socio-political situation of that period. It about a king named Devdakkha who is in love with a girl named Shouraja, a dancer at the royal temple. But as things would have it, the lovers are drifted apart by war, politics and religious strife. Their enduring love forms the backbone of the plotline.
‘Agnijal’ stars Rohit Samanta and Tumpa Roy in the lead. They are supported by veteran actors like Sudip Mukherjee, Tulika Basu, Rita Dutta Chakraborty , Rajat Ganguly , Sohini Sanyal, Rudrajit Mukherjee, Pushpita and others.