- IPL: ED issues show cause notice to KKR co-owners Shah Rukh Khan, Juhi Chawla
- India plans to seal international border with Pak, Bangladesh: Rajnath
- Gaikwad should apologise for his unaccepted behaviour: Politicos
- Doctors' strike ends after Bombay HC ultimatum
- Action on slaughterhouses: Yogi Adityanath govt enforcing laws that existed for years but nobody cared
- Aadhaar verification process for phones to start soon; task to cost Rs 1000 crore for telcos
- Kawasaki-Bajaj end India alliance of 8 years
Star Jalsha launches period saga ‘Agnijal’
MUMBAI: Star Jalsha and Star Jalsha HD, the Bengali general entertainment channels of Star India, will air Shree Venkatesh Films’ period saga ‘Agnijal’ from 21 November at 8 pm.
Set in medieval Bengal, the story dramatises the socio-political situation of that period. It about a king named Devdakkha who is in love with a girl named Shouraja, a dancer at the royal temple. But as things would have it, the lovers are drifted apart by war, politics and religious strife. Their enduring love forms the backbone of the plotline.
‘Agnijal’ stars Rohit Samanta and Tumpa Roy in the lead. They are supported by veteran actors like Sudip Mukherjee, Tulika Basu, Rita Dutta Chakraborty , Rajat Ganguly , Sohini Sanyal, Rudrajit Mukherjee, Pushpita and others.