- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Star Jalsha launches period saga ‘Agnijal’
MUMBAI: Star Jalsha and Star Jalsha HD, the Bengali general entertainment channels of Star India, will air Shree Venkatesh Films’ period saga ‘Agnijal’ from 21 November at 8 pm.
Set in medieval Bengal, the story dramatises the socio-political situation of that period. It about a king named Devdakkha who is in love with a girl named Shouraja, a dancer at the royal temple. But as things would have it, the lovers are drifted apart by war, politics and religious strife. Their enduring love forms the backbone of the plotline.
‘Agnijal’ stars Rohit Samanta and Tumpa Roy in the lead. They are supported by veteran actors like Sudip Mukherjee, Tulika Basu, Rita Dutta Chakraborty , Rajat Ganguly , Sohini Sanyal, Rudrajit Mukherjee, Pushpita and others.