- Golf Club incident clear case of racial discrimination: Kiren Rijiju
- Sourav Ganguly Included In BCCI Reform Panel To Be Headed By Rajeev Shukla
- Ravi Shastri to apply for India's head coach position
- Supreme Court refuses to pass interim order against Centre's Aadhaar notification
- Indrani Mukerjea assaulted by jail staff, her lawyer to court
- Google Gets Record $2.7 Billion EU Fine for Skewing Searches
- China lodges diplomatic protest, accuses Indian troops of 'crossing boundary' in Sikkim
- 'India, US Committed To Achieving Full Potential Of Nuclear Co-operation'
Star Jalsha launches period saga ‘Agnijal’
MUMBAI: Star Jalsha and Star Jalsha HD, the Bengali general entertainment channels of Star India, will air Shree Venkatesh Films’ period saga ‘Agnijal’ from 21 November at 8 pm.
Set in medieval Bengal, the story dramatises the socio-political situation of that period. It about a king named Devdakkha who is in love with a girl named Shouraja, a dancer at the royal temple. But as things would have it, the lovers are drifted apart by war, politics and religious strife. Their enduring love forms the backbone of the plotline.
‘Agnijal’ stars Rohit Samanta and Tumpa Roy in the lead. They are supported by veteran actors like Sudip Mukherjee, Tulika Basu, Rita Dutta Chakraborty , Rajat Ganguly , Sohini Sanyal, Rudrajit Mukherjee, Pushpita and others.