- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Star Jalsha launches period saga ‘Agnijal’
MUMBAI: Star Jalsha and Star Jalsha HD, the Bengali general entertainment channels of Star India, will air Shree Venkatesh Films’ period saga ‘Agnijal’ from 21 November at 8 pm.
Set in medieval Bengal, the story dramatises the socio-political situation of that period. It about a king named Devdakkha who is in love with a girl named Shouraja, a dancer at the royal temple. But as things would have it, the lovers are drifted apart by war, politics and religious strife. Their enduring love forms the backbone of the plotline.
‘Agnijal’ stars Rohit Samanta and Tumpa Roy in the lead. They are supported by veteran actors like Sudip Mukherjee, Tulika Basu, Rita Dutta Chakraborty , Rajat Ganguly , Sohini Sanyal, Rudrajit Mukherjee, Pushpita and others.