- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Star issues switch-off notice to Sun Direct for non-payment
MUMBAI: The subscribers of direct-to-home (DTH) operator Sun Direct may not be able to watch Star India’s wide spread of channels after three weeks.
Star India has issued a disconnection notice to Sun Direct for non-payment of dues.
According to a public notice, Star informed Sun Direct subscribers that the signals of its channels are likely to be disconnected on account of “non-payment of subscription fee” by the DTH operator.
The channels include Star Movies, Star World, National Geographic Channel, NGC Wild, Suvarna, Star Vijay, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Star Sports 1, Star Sports 2, Star Sports 3, Star Sports 4, Star Plus, Life OK, Channel V, Star Gold, Star Pravah, Star Jalsha, Star Movies HD, NGC HD, Star Plus HD, Movies OK HD, Star Sports HD 1, Star Sports HD 2, Suvarna Plus and Asianet Movies.
The signals of the channels to Sun Direct shall be deactivated after three weeks from the date of the public notice in terms of the default, Star said.