- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Star India’s Asianet Movies and Suvarna Plus to go pay
MUMBAI: Star India is converting its free-to-air (FTA) South Indian-language channels Asianet Movies and Suvarna Plus to pay channels.
On 7 January the broadcaster had issued a notice informing customers that the two channels will go pay across India and on all platforms with effect from one month from the date of issue of notice.
The price of Asianet Movies and Suvarna Plus is Rs 7.46 and Rs 8.25 respectively.
Launched in 2012, Asianet Movies is a Malayalam movie channel. Suvarna Plus is a Kannada general entertainment channel that was launched in 2013.
Once the two channels go pay, the broadcaster will have only one FTA channel in Star Utsav as the remaining channels are pay.
Star India broadcasts more than 40 channels in seven languages, reaching over 650 million viewers every week across India and 100 other countries.