- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Star India to launch FX HD on 23 September
MUMBAI: Star India will launch the high-definition (HD) feed of its ‘edgy’ English entertainment channel FX on 23 September.
FX HD’s launch will coincide with the launch of ‘Empire Season 2’, ‘Doctor Who Season 9’, ‘American Horror Story Season 5’, ‘The Missing S1’, ‘Sons of Anarchy S7’, ‘Lily Hammer S1’ and ‘Wayward Pines S1’.
TelevisionPost.com had earlier reported that the company was planning to give a big boost to the channel and the ramp-up plan included premiere of latest seasons of four acclaimed shows on weekends with day-and-date release along with the US and the launch of FX HD.
In an earlier interaction, Star India business head of English cluster Kevin Vaz had stated that the company wanted to take FX to the next level as many of the new shows are visual delights due to their effects. “So by the third week of September, we will launch FX HD,” Vaz had said.
At present, FX HD is available exclusively to Tata Sky customers.