- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Star India Plus gets US broadcast rights to ‘Inspiring Achievers Awards’
MUMBAI: Star India Plus is the exclusive broadcast partner in the US for Roshni Media Group’s upcoming ‘Inspiring Achievers Awards’. The awards will be held on 29 May in Manhattan.
Star India Plus will also host a cocktail reception that will see the footfalls of celebs like Mira Nair, Ali Velshi, Abhay Deol and Jay Sean, state reports.
The awards will see leaders, achievers and dignitaries merging to celebrate global diversity and achievements in the community.
‘Inspiring Achievers Awards’ is an extension of the Roshni Coffee Table book, which debuted in 2005, highlighting top Indian American achievers. The awards will also mark the launch of the third edition of the book, aptly named the ‘Global Emerging Leaders’ edition.
Star Network North America head Guneet Anand said, “Star is always on the lookout for world-class initiatives that celebrate and highlight the community we serve. Our association with ‘The Inspiring Achievers Awards’ is one more testament to our commitment to the community.”
Some of the honourees at the awards gala are Abhay Deol (Bollywood actor), Jay Sean (Billboard Top 10 artist), Ali Velshi (CNN host & anchor), Mira Nair (film director), Ajay Banga (CEO Mastercard), Lt Col Ravi Chaudhary (Air Force officer) and Kunal Nayar, among others.
Roshni Media has also pledged to donate a portion of the proceeds from the sale of every book to OMI-Art and Art Unlimited, a non-profit global organisation based in New York.
Roshni Media Group founder Dr Rashmee Sharma said, “Our vision is to create a world class platform that recognizes the achievements of our vibrant community and celebrates it’s success in their adopted land.”
Star US is one of the largest distributed network for South Asian channels available in Hindi in the US. The channel portfolio in the US includes Star India Plus, Life OK, Star India Gold and Movies OK.