- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Star India completes integration of Maa TV broadcast biz
MUMBAI: After procuring licences from the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) for the Maa TV channels, Star India has successfully completed the integration of the broadcast business of Maa Television Network.
“With this integration, Star India is better positioned to offer a distinctly enhanced content bouquet to audiences across the Southern markets of India in general and the Telugu-speaking viewers in particular,” the company said in a statement.
The acquisition of Maa TV opens up opportunity for major content innovation in the Telugu television market, which is the second-largest regional market in India in terms of revenue potential.
Star India has completed the necessary formalities and the broadcast business of the regional network will now be integrated with the business of Star India.
Star India CEO Uday Shankar said, “We are pleased to announce the completion of the integration of the broadcast business of Maa Television Network, a journey that we had embarked upon in February, earlier this year. We are very impressed by the solid creative core, quality and depth of the management team at Maa Television Network and are delighted to welcome them to the Star family. The acquisition fills a critical gap in our portfolio and will allow our advertisers targeted access to the large Telugu-speaking population. We plan to invest further in this important market to fundamentally change the content quality paradigm. I am confident that team Maa under the leadership of K Madhavan will transform the content experience for Telugu viewers.”
The Maa TV bouquet includes four channels, Maa TV, Maa Music, Maa Movies and Maa Gold.
With the expansion into the Telugu market, Star now looks to continue its tradition of innovation in content, building on the strong track record established by the team at Maa Television Network.