- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Star India completes integration of Maa TV broadcast biz
MUMBAI: After procuring licences from the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) for the Maa TV channels, Star India has successfully completed the integration of the broadcast business of Maa Television Network.
“With this integration, Star India is better positioned to offer a distinctly enhanced content bouquet to audiences across the Southern markets of India in general and the Telugu-speaking viewers in particular,” the company said in a statement.
The acquisition of Maa TV opens up opportunity for major content innovation in the Telugu television market, which is the second-largest regional market in India in terms of revenue potential.
Star India has completed the necessary formalities and the broadcast business of the regional network will now be integrated with the business of Star India.
Star India CEO Uday Shankar said, “We are pleased to announce the completion of the integration of the broadcast business of Maa Television Network, a journey that we had embarked upon in February, earlier this year. We are very impressed by the solid creative core, quality and depth of the management team at Maa Television Network and are delighted to welcome them to the Star family. The acquisition fills a critical gap in our portfolio and will allow our advertisers targeted access to the large Telugu-speaking population. We plan to invest further in this important market to fundamentally change the content quality paradigm. I am confident that team Maa under the leadership of K Madhavan will transform the content experience for Telugu viewers.”
The Maa TV bouquet includes four channels, Maa TV, Maa Music, Maa Movies and Maa Gold.
With the expansion into the Telugu market, Star now looks to continue its tradition of innovation in content, building on the strong track record established by the team at Maa Television Network.