- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Star India CEO Uday Shankar to address The Paley Media Council
MUMBAI: Star India CEO Uday Shankar becomes the first Indian CEO from the media and entertainment (M&E) industry to speak at the Paley Center for Media in the US.
Shankar will be addressing a breakfast session which will be moderated by Time International editor Bobby Ghosh at Paley Dialogue on 30 May in New York. He will be introduced to the guests by 21st Century Fox co-COO James Murdoch.
The Paley Media Council is an exclusive, invitation-only membership community for entertainment, media and technology industry executives, and provides an independent forum for top industry leaders.
Shankar will discuss the journey of Star India and how the company has become India’s leading media business by using its programming to spark national discussions on a range of social and political issues. Most notably, the series ‘Satyamev Jayate’, Star’s talk show about India’s pressing social concerns, has become the premier platform through which Indians can discuss social issues.
Since 1995, the Paley International Council Summit has provided an independent forum that brings together media, entertainment and technology companies’ CEOs to advance the exchange of ideas and to foster community among them. Informal and organised discussions cover a wide range of critical issues that define the media industry and its role in society.