- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Star India appoints Gurjeev Singh as head of intl biz
MUMBAI: Star India has appointed MediaPro chief operating officer (COO) Gurjeev Singh as the head of its international business. He will replace Rajan Singh who had left the company in February to pursue other interests.
Singh will move to Star International once the transition of MediaPro is complete.
As COO of MediaPro, Singh led the team to create a hugely successful venture that grew the network’s distribution footprint by accelerating digitisation and pushing the envelope on transparency. He shaped industry best practices for distribution as it moved from analogue to digital.
“The international business has huge growth potential which has not yet been fully tapped and we believe Gurjeev will add tremendous value to the organisation and will build on the foundations that have been put in place and take the International business to new heights. Gurjeev shares our values and our focus on the business and has proved to be an extraordinary leader throughout his stint with Star and its ventures,” said Star India COO Sanjay Gupta.
Singh said, “I am looking forward to be back into Star’s fold and delighted with the opportunity to expand our global footprint. Star is uniquely placed to drive aggressive growth in the international markets based on its great content advantage.”
Singh, who is known for his out-of-box thinking and his role in getting several start-ups up and running, is a mechanical engineer and also holds a master’s degree in business management from the University of Delhi.
Prior to his role at MediaPro, Singh has had stints with ESPN Star Sports where he occupied various positions in sales, marketing and distribution of the channels in South Asian countries, SET Discovery and Star DEN Media Services.