- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Star Gold’s viewership jumps 27% due to ‘Mohenjo Daro’
MUMBAI: Hindi movie channel Star Gold’s viewership jumped 27.32% in Week 41 for HSM urban + rural due to the airing of the television premiere of Hrithik Roshan-starrer ‘Mohenjo Daro’, as per BARC data for the period ended 14 October.
Premiered on Sunday 9 October, the film notched 49,43,000 impressions. It was the top-rated movie during the week.
While Star Gold’s viewership increased, the channel remained stuck at No. 4 as there was no change in the pecking order. The channel had three movies in the top 5.
Sony Max and Sony Wah were the top two channels, followed by Zee Cinema at third and Zee Anmol Cinema at the fifth position.
Top movies in Urban+Rural HSM
While Zee Cinema did not have any movies in the top 5, Sony Max had two.
Top Hindi movie channels in Urban HSM
However, the ‘Mohenjo Daro’ premier did push Star Gold to the second position in the urban HSM. The movie garnered 34,32,000 impressions in the urban market. It was also top rated in the urban HSM.
Zee Cinema was pushed by Star Gold to the third position, while the rankings of other channels remained unchanged.
Top movies in Urban HSM
In urban HSM as well, Star Gold had three movies while Sony Max had two movies in the top 5.
Top Hindi movie channels in Rural HSM
Sony Wah and Zee Anmol Cinema continue to rule the rural HSM. Sony Max jumped to the third position, pushing Star Utsav Movies to the fourth.
Top movies in Rural HSM
Even though the channel did not feature in the top 5, Rishtey Cineplex had two films in the top 5 while Sony Max had two. Star Gold had ‘Mohenjo Daro’, which raked in 15,11,000 impressions.