- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Star Gold promotes TV premiere of ‘Pink’ by switching channel logo to same colour
MUMBAI: Star Gold is promoting the world television premiere of the movie ‘Pink’ in a unique way.
As part of the marketing strategy, Star Gold has switched its channel’s logo to pink.
Star Gold has initiated a new campaign called #StarGoldTurnsP
The channel has also released a video for the campaign featuring film’s lead star Amitabh Bachchan reciting a poem, ‘Pink Sirf Ek Rang Nahi’.
Star Gold has roped in a clutch of sponsors for the movie. The channel has got onboard Rin and Pan Bahar as presenting sponsors and Sony Bravia as technology partner. The film is powered by Gionee and Godrej Good Night Fabric Roll On.
Star Gold will air one of the year’s most topical films, ‘Pink’, on 23 October, at 1 pm.
‘Pink’, the Indian courtroom drama, is directed by Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury and is produced by Rashmi Sharma and Shoojit Sircar.
The film stars Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu, Kirti Kulhari, Angad Bedi, Andrea Tariang, Piyush Mishra and Dhritiman Chatterjee.
Written by Ritesh Shah, the film highlights the message that when a woman says no, she means no. It focuses on stereotyping the role of woman in society, and also underlines women freedom’s towards her own sexuality.
The drama is based on three female protagonists Minal (Taapsee Pannu), Falak (Kirti Kulhari) and Andrea (Tariang) who are implicated in a crime. Bachchan who plays a character of a retired lawyer helps them to clear their names.
Although the film had a slow start on the box office, it eventually received positive response from audience and critics, and has been one of the successful movies of the year.