- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
Star Gold to bring the premiere of murder mystery ‘Drishyam’ on 1 November
MUMBAI: Starting the festive season with the world television premiere of ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, Hindi movie channel Star Gold is now all set to bring the world television premiere of the Ajay Devgn starrer murder mystery ‘Drishyam’ on 1 November.
The movie will air at 12:30 pm on Sunday. In fact, the channel has roped in Dell as the presenting sponsor for the premiere, while Askmebazaar.com and Hero are the powered by sponsors and Havells and LED are the Lighting Partners.
Directed by Nishikant Kamath, the film stars Devgn, Tabu and Shriya Saran in the lead roles. The film won positive reviews and also clocked over Rs 70 crore (Rs 700 million) in India collections reportedly.
The film narrates the story of Vijay Salgaonkar (Devgn), a ‘fourth class fail’ self-made orphan who has climbed his way up to a modest little business of his own. Vijay is the perfect family man, deeply in love with his wife Nandini (Shriya Saran) and a doting father to his two daughters.
Into this idyll walks in a brash teenage boy with an unconscionable demand, and ruin stares them in the face, who turns out to be the son of top cop Meera Deshmukh (Tabu) and her wealthy businessman husband (Rajat Kapoor).
Drishyam has been remade four times in four different languages.