- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Star Gold to bring the premiere of murder mystery ‘Drishyam’ on 1 November
MUMBAI: Starting the festive season with the world television premiere of ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, Hindi movie channel Star Gold is now all set to bring the world television premiere of the Ajay Devgn starrer murder mystery ‘Drishyam’ on 1 November.
The movie will air at 12:30 pm on Sunday. In fact, the channel has roped in Dell as the presenting sponsor for the premiere, while Askmebazaar.com and Hero are the powered by sponsors and Havells and LED are the Lighting Partners.
Directed by Nishikant Kamath, the film stars Devgn, Tabu and Shriya Saran in the lead roles. The film won positive reviews and also clocked over Rs 70 crore (Rs 700 million) in India collections reportedly.
The film narrates the story of Vijay Salgaonkar (Devgn), a ‘fourth class fail’ self-made orphan who has climbed his way up to a modest little business of his own. Vijay is the perfect family man, deeply in love with his wife Nandini (Shriya Saran) and a doting father to his two daughters.
Into this idyll walks in a brash teenage boy with an unconscionable demand, and ruin stares them in the face, who turns out to be the son of top cop Meera Deshmukh (Tabu) and her wealthy businessman husband (Rajat Kapoor).
Drishyam has been remade four times in four different languages.