- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Star Gold Select HD to premiere Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s ‘Mirzya’ on 18 Mar
MUMBAI: Star India’s premium Hindi movie channel Star Gold Select HD, which promises to premiere a new movie every week, is going to air Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s ‘Mirzya’ on 18 March at 9 pm.
In the past, Mehra has lent his genius to acclaimed movies such as ‘Rang De Basanti’ and ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag,’ and this adaption of the classic legend, Mirzya-Sahibaa, has won hearts around the world for its soulful, musical, modern re-telling.
The film also marks the debut of Anil Kapoor’s son Harshavardhan Kapoor and Saiyami Kher, whose performances effortlessly convey a quiet passion and purity that will have you enthralled. The film also sees the return of maestro wordsmith, Gulzar, who hasn’t worked on a screenplay in 17 long years but felt inspired to tell this story.
It may be inspired by the old folk tale of Mirza-Sahibaa that immortalizes love but nothing about “Mirzya” seems dated. It captures the epic action and romance of the original story and reimagines it against a contemporary backdrop. The film will keep you captivated with its heightened drama and action-packed sequences; all set in the visually rich terrain of Rajasthan and the awe-inspiring landscape of Ladakh.