- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
Star Gold Select HD to premiere Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s ‘Mirzya’ on 18 Mar
MUMBAI: Star India’s premium Hindi movie channel Star Gold Select HD, which promises to premiere a new movie every week, is going to air Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s ‘Mirzya’ on 18 March at 9 pm.
In the past, Mehra has lent his genius to acclaimed movies such as ‘Rang De Basanti’ and ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag,’ and this adaption of the classic legend, Mirzya-Sahibaa, has won hearts around the world for its soulful, musical, modern re-telling.
The film also marks the debut of Anil Kapoor’s son Harshavardhan Kapoor and Saiyami Kher, whose performances effortlessly convey a quiet passion and purity that will have you enthralled. The film also sees the return of maestro wordsmith, Gulzar, who hasn’t worked on a screenplay in 17 long years but felt inspired to tell this story.
It may be inspired by the old folk tale of Mirza-Sahibaa that immortalizes love but nothing about “Mirzya” seems dated. It captures the epic action and romance of the original story and reimagines it against a contemporary backdrop. The film will keep you captivated with its heightened drama and action-packed sequences; all set in the visually rich terrain of Rajasthan and the awe-inspiring landscape of Ladakh.