- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Star Gold HD to premiere ‘Guddu Rangeela’ on 5 Sep
MUMBAI: Star Gold HD is all set to present the world television premiere of the light hearted drama ‘Guddu Rangeela’ on 5 September at 8 pm.
Known for movies like ‘Phas Gaye Re Obama’ and ‘Jolly LLB’, director Subhash Kapoor’s ‘Guddu Rangeela’ is a quirky take on the real-life incident of Manoj-Babli honour killing case.
The music of the film has been composed by Amit Trivedi. This features the quirky track ‘Mata ka email’.
Based in the dusty plains of North India, the story is about two cousins Guddu (Amit Sadh) and Rangeela (Arshad Warsi), trying to make ends meet in the crime infested surroundings. They are the members of a local village orchestra while moonlighting as khabris for the local gangs.
The duo gets embroiled into a controversy and to escape from that they need a huge sum. To arrange the ransom money, they kidnap the deaf and mute girl named Baby (Aditi Rao Hydari) only to be shocked to know that Baby has a hidden agenda. Suddenly, the terror spilling villainous local political leader Billo (Ronit Roy) gets in action and the story takes a twist which leads to funny sequences.