- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Star Gold HD brings world TV premiere of ‘Bombay Velvet’
MUMBAI: Star Gold HD is set to go retro this weekend with the world television premiere of the period crime drama ‘Bombay Velvet’ on 25 July at 9 pm.
With a star cast comprising Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Karan Johar, ‘Bombay Velvet’ is a movie about jazz clubs, a passionate love story, a growing metropolis and hunger for a good life.
The film was earlier premiered on the network’s digital platform Hotstar.
Directed by Anurag Kashyap, ‘Bombay Velvet’ narrates the tale of an ordinary man’s journey who goes against all odds and forges his identity to make it big in the city of dreams.
Set in 1960s Bombay, the film tells the story of Balraj (Kapoor), a street fighter who is in love with the jazz singer Rosie (Sharma). To become rich and woo Rosie, Balraj impresses a wealthy businessman Kaizad Khambatta (Johar) who offers him to manage his club Bombay Velvet. The suspense unfolds as the dark secrets of the illegal tasks and activities of the club get disclosed.