- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Spuul adds shows from Sony and SAB TV
MUMBAI: Spuul users from India can now watch shows from Sony Entertainment Television and SAB TV on all second-screen devices including mobile phones, tablets, web, smart TVs, and stream to their TVs via Chromecast.
Spuul, the online streaming service for Indian TV and film content, has inked a deal with television network Multi Screen Media for this purpose.
Spuul CEO Subin Subaiah said, “India ranks fourth in the world for content consumption. With 4G rollout, these numbers are expected to rise tremendously. Spuul data shows that about 80 per cent content is being consumed on mobile devices. Such partnerships reflect an increase in user figures and help us to provide content to our users on the go.”
In the current partnership, audiences from India will benefit from Spuul’s unique progressive download feature, which will also allow them to download TV shows on their devices apart from streaming.
MSM digital business EVP and head Uday Sodhi said, “We’re delighted to partner Spuul to widen our reach. The second screen is quickly becoming the primary screen and it’s important for us to ensure that our content is available to all audiences across platforms and this association will certainly go a long way in making that happen.”
The popular shows from Sony Entertainment Television and SAB TV, which now will be available on Spuul for free, are ‘Adalat’, ‘CID’, ‘Maharana Pratap’, ‘Chidiya Ghar’, ‘Tarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chasma’, and ‘Hum Hai Na’.