- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Sporty Solutionz acquires global media rights of Masters Champions League
MUMBAI: Sporty Solutionz has acquired exclusive rights to market the media rights of Masters Champions League (MCL) worldwide.
The media rights distributor has entered into a multi-year deal with the MCL’s Dubai-based promoters GM Sports. The deal to distribute the MCL media rights in the global market is priced at multi-million US dollars.
MCL has a 10-year understanding with the Emirates Cricket Board to stage Masters 20-20 league in the UAE.
The first edition of the league, slated between 20 January and 13 February 2016, will feature cricket stars like Sourav Ganguly, Brian Lara, Kumar Sangakkara, Virender Sehwag, Brett Lee, Jacques Kallis and Adam Gilchrist. The league features six teams, involving 90 cricket stars.
Earlier, Sporty Solutionz had acquired media broadcast rights for all international cricket hosted by New Zealand till 2017.
Sporty Solutionz chief executive Ashish Chadha said, “The MCL is going to feature a big number of the all-time cricket greats. The dynamics of cricket bazaar are changing. MCL is adding a new chapter to this. The league is going to be watched in four continents. Sporty Solutionz’s endeavour is to ensure MCL reaches out to every single cricket lover the world over.”
“We have got the global icons of cricket together to create a World Class cricket league. Sporty Solutionz has a global reach in the sports media rights market. We are confident our relationship will set new benchmarks for cricket viewership. The league will be beamed across the globe,” says GM Sports CEO Sam Khan.
MCL recently signed MS Dhoni as the brand ambassador for the League.