- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Sporty Solutionz acquires global media rights of Masters Champions League
MUMBAI: Sporty Solutionz has acquired exclusive rights to market the media rights of Masters Champions League (MCL) worldwide.
The media rights distributor has entered into a multi-year deal with the MCL’s Dubai-based promoters GM Sports. The deal to distribute the MCL media rights in the global market is priced at multi-million US dollars.
MCL has a 10-year understanding with the Emirates Cricket Board to stage Masters 20-20 league in the UAE.
The first edition of the league, slated between 20 January and 13 February 2016, will feature cricket stars like Sourav Ganguly, Brian Lara, Kumar Sangakkara, Virender Sehwag, Brett Lee, Jacques Kallis and Adam Gilchrist. The league features six teams, involving 90 cricket stars.
Earlier, Sporty Solutionz had acquired media broadcast rights for all international cricket hosted by New Zealand till 2017.
Sporty Solutionz chief executive Ashish Chadha said, “The MCL is going to feature a big number of the all-time cricket greats. The dynamics of cricket bazaar are changing. MCL is adding a new chapter to this. The league is going to be watched in four continents. Sporty Solutionz’s endeavour is to ensure MCL reaches out to every single cricket lover the world over.”
“We have got the global icons of cricket together to create a World Class cricket league. Sporty Solutionz has a global reach in the sports media rights market. We are confident our relationship will set new benchmarks for cricket viewership. The league will be beamed across the globe,” says GM Sports CEO Sam Khan.
MCL recently signed MS Dhoni as the brand ambassador for the League.