- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Sports, news, TV premieres of films lead TV viewership in Week 42
MUMBAI: Television viewership grew by 1019 million, thanks to sports programmes, news events and world television premieres (WTP) of movies on Hindi GECs, says BARC India data for Week 42.
India vs New Zealand ODI matches were the most watched sports programmes on TV.
India vs Thailand semi-final match was the most watched Kabaddi World Cup game during the week.
Delhi Dynamos FC vs Northeast United FC and FC Pune City vs Kerala Blasters FC ISL matches scored big in TV viewership.
The WTP of Abhay Deol’s ‘Happy Bhag Jayegi’ led to two times growth in viewership for Zee TV.
The WTP of Sonakshi Sinha’s action-packed ‘Akira’ increased Star Plus’ viewership by 12%.
The WTP of Akshay Kumar and Ileana D’Cruz’s ‘Rustom’ on Zee TV had garnered 4.6 million impressions, leading to a spike in viewership.
The grand finale of Rajdeep Sardesai’s quiz show ‘News Wiz’ spiked India Today TV’s viewership by 4 times.
‘Mission Impossible’ marathon in Week 42 spiked HBO India’s viewership by 57%.