- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Sports, news, TV premieres of films lead TV viewership in Week 42
MUMBAI: Television viewership grew by 1019 million, thanks to sports programmes, news events and world television premieres (WTP) of movies on Hindi GECs, says BARC India data for Week 42.
India vs New Zealand ODI matches were the most watched sports programmes on TV.
India vs Thailand semi-final match was the most watched Kabaddi World Cup game during the week.
Delhi Dynamos FC vs Northeast United FC and FC Pune City vs Kerala Blasters FC ISL matches scored big in TV viewership.
The WTP of Abhay Deol’s ‘Happy Bhag Jayegi’ led to two times growth in viewership for Zee TV.
The WTP of Sonakshi Sinha’s action-packed ‘Akira’ increased Star Plus’ viewership by 12%.
The WTP of Akshay Kumar and Ileana D’Cruz’s ‘Rustom’ on Zee TV had garnered 4.6 million impressions, leading to a spike in viewership.
The grand finale of Rajdeep Sardesai’s quiz show ‘News Wiz’ spiked India Today TV’s viewership by 4 times.
‘Mission Impossible’ marathon in Week 42 spiked HBO India’s viewership by 57%.