- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Sony unveils new logo, to introduce new shows
MUMBAI: Celebrating 21 years of business, Sony Entertainment Television (SET) has refreshed its brand identity with the introduction of a new logo and will have fresh programming.
The channel has unveiled its brand identity with a fresh on-air look and music on 19 November at 9 pm on ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’.
The channel is also introducing two shows, ‘Peshwa Bajirao’, and the seventh season of its popular singing reality show ‘Indian Idol’. ‘Indian Idol 7’ will be launched on 24 December, airing every Saturday–Sunday at 8 pm. ‘Super Dancer’ currently airs in the 8 pm slot.
‘Indian Idol’ is bringing back its original judges Sonu Nigam, Anu Malik and Farah Khan to review and mentor the contestants.
‘Peshwa Bajirao’ is a historical series based on the life of Bajirao, a general of the Maratha Empire in India. The ambitious project is helmed by Sphere Origins and produced by Nilanjana Purkayasstha’s Invictus T Mediaworks.
This will be the channel’s third show in the historical and mythical genre. Earlier the channel had aired ‘Suryaputra Karn’, which ended on August. The channel’s other mythical show ‘Sankat Mochan Mahabali Hanuman’ is doing well throughout the week.
Besides launching these two new shows, the channel will continue its regular featuring shows like ‘C.I.D’, ‘Crime Patrol’, ‘Sankat Mochan Mahabali Hanuman’, ‘Beyhad’, ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’, ‘Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi’ and ‘Ek Rishta Sajhedari Ka’.