- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Sony TV bags broadcast rights of TOIFA 2016 for India
MUMBAI: Sony Entertainment Television (SET) has bagged the broadcast rights of The Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA) 2016 for India.
The event will be telecast on 17 April at 8 pm.
This year TOIFA promises to be larger than life with all the A-listers from the Bollywood industry attending and performing on 18 March at Dubai International Stadium.
With programming that is targeted towards family audiences, Sony will bring broad exposures for TOIFA 2016, given its reach across urban and tier II and III markets in India. SET has been home to the Indian viewers for their daily dose of entertainment with shows and movies ranging from comedy, drama, thriller and more.
SET EVP and business head Danish Khan said, “We are pleased to be associated with the prestigious TOIFA. Over the years, TOIFA has become one of the most popular award nights for the film fraternity celebrated outside India that helps in globalising Bollywood. Indian films as well as television over the last few years have created a robust international market, and Middle East is a big market for Indian entertainment.”