- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Sony TV bags broadcast rights of TOIFA 2016 for India
MUMBAI: Sony Entertainment Television (SET) has bagged the broadcast rights of The Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA) 2016 for India.
The event will be telecast on 17 April at 8 pm.
This year TOIFA promises to be larger than life with all the A-listers from the Bollywood industry attending and performing on 18 March at Dubai International Stadium.
With programming that is targeted towards family audiences, Sony will bring broad exposures for TOIFA 2016, given its reach across urban and tier II and III markets in India. SET has been home to the Indian viewers for their daily dose of entertainment with shows and movies ranging from comedy, drama, thriller and more.
SET EVP and business head Danish Khan said, “We are pleased to be associated with the prestigious TOIFA. Over the years, TOIFA has become one of the most popular award nights for the film fraternity celebrated outside India that helps in globalising Bollywood. Indian films as well as television over the last few years have created a robust international market, and Middle East is a big market for Indian entertainment.”