- Star Gold Select HD partners select DTH ops to showcase ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ in colour, B&W
- ALTBalaji offers subtitles for its original shows in three regional languages
- Unitech Moves Supreme Court Against Government Taking Over
- Court sends accused to police custody for two days in actress case
- UP shocker: 15-year-old cancer survivor gang-raped, then raped by passerby too
Sony to telecast the Spanish Cup
MUMBAI: The sports cluster of Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI) will broadcast the Supercopa De Espana or the Spanish Cup, to be played between Barcelona and Sevilla.
The Spanish Cup will be aired live and exclusive on Sony SIX and Sony SIX HD, on the 15th and 18th of August, at 1:30 am and 2:30 am respectively.
The Supercopa de España will be a two-legged football match-up to be played between the champions of 2015–16 LaLiga, Barcelona, and the runners-up of the 2015–16 Copa del Rey, Sevilla.
Some of the big names who will battle it out on the field to take their team to victory are Messi, Suarez and Pique from Barcelona and Reyes and Coke from Seville. This is the first time Sevilla will be playing Barcelona after the latter defeated the former in a thrilling 2-0 win in extra time at the Copa Del Ray finals in May this year.
The previous season has been a shaky one for Sevilla and the Supercopa De Espana will be their platform to avenge their defeat against the Spanish giants and come back with a bang this upcoming season.
The first leg of The Spanish Super Cup will take place on 15 August at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium in Seville, followed by the second leg on 18 August at the Camp Nou in Barcelona.