- China Says Area Where Road Being Built Does Not Belong To Bhutan, India
- TMC not to attend GST roll-out programme: Mamata
- Byculla jail inmate death: Court permits Indrani Mukerjea to lodge complaint as she alleges sexual assault threat
- Mob thrashes man, suspected of slaughtering cow
- 62 per cent votes cast in second phase of local polls in Nepal
- RIL refinances $2.3 billion loans to cut interest cost
- Mallya paves way for F1 team to be a force without India
- 7th Pay Commission: Modi Cabinet approves revision in HRA rates, other allowances
Sony to strengthen 8 pm weekend primetime with a kids reality show
MUMBAI: Sony Entertainment Television (SET) is strengthening its weekend primetime slot with a new kids dance reality show, ‘Super Dancer: Dance Ka Kal’.
The show, which is premiering on 10 September, promises to showcase dance talents from across the country on one national platform.
Produced by Frames Production, the show will air every Saturday and Sunday at 8 pm. ‘Sankatmochan Mahabali Hanumaan’, which airs at 8 pm from Monday to Saturday, will stop airing on Saturdays.
With an aim to nurture, groom and hone the skills of young and upcoming talents, the show promises to be the ultimate destination to identify the future of dance. The show seeks a child protégée in the age group of 4–13 years who will redefine the way dance is perceived in the country.
After a nationwide hunt to scout for India’s best dancing talents across 15 cities where kids underwent rigorous screening, 12 dancers will get an opportunity to compete for the coveted title of ‘Super Dancer’.
Each final contestant will be paired with one notable choreographer who will mentor, understand and nurture their strengths while introducing them to different dance techniques and bring out the best in them week on week.
‘Super Dancer’ will be judged by erstwhile Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty, ace choreographer Geeta Kapur, and Bollywood director Anurag Basu. The show will be hosted by actor Rithvik Dhanjani and comedian Paritosh Tripathi.
Patanjali’s Power Vita is the presenting sponsor of the show while Quick Heal is the co-powered sponsor.
SET EVP and business head Danish Khan said, “Sony Entertainment Television has always celebrated talent across India—’Indian Idol’, ‘Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega’, ‘KBC’, etc. ‘Super Dancer’ will create a national platform for dancing talents to be nurtured, groomed and honed. We are delighted to have Frames Production Company as our creative partner. We are excited to have Shilpa Shetty, Geeta Kapur and Anurag Basu as we embark on this journey.”