- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Sony to premiere family drama on 8 Aug in weekday primetime
MUMBAI: Sony Entertainment Television (SET) is all set to launch a social family drama ‘Ek Rishta Saajhedari Ka’ on 8 August in the weekday primetime slot.
Produced by Kavita Barjatya and Kaushik Ghatak under Kavita Barjatya Productions, the show will air Monday to Friday at 8:30 pm.
The new show will replace mythological show ‘Suryaputra Karn’, which airs Monday–Saturday at 8:30 pm with a repeat telecast at 1:30 pm. Produced by Swastik Productions, the mytho show had premiered on 29 June 2015 and will see its final episode air on 5 August.
‘Ek Rishta Saajhedari Ka’ is a story of Aryan and Saanchi, a young couple who come together with the blessings of their families but find it hard to keep their relationship alive as they are now pulled away by the same people.
Set in Jaipur, ‘Ek Rishta Saajhedari Ka’ promises to wow the viewers with its royal set-ups and a heart-tugging plot.
The show boasts an ensemble cast. Joining Kinshuk Vaidya and Shivya Pathania in the lead roles will be Suraj Thapar, Surbhi Tiwari, Waseem Mushtaq, Sonal Jha, Punbali Sanyal and Nitesh Pandey, Nayan Bhatt, Jr Mehmood, Sunayana Faujdar and Yajuvendra Singh, among others.
SET EVP and business head Danish Khan said, “’Ek Rishta Saajhedaari Ka’ is a relevant social family drama that advocates that marriage is between two families. It’s less about thee grandness of weddings but more about simplicity and value of relationships. Through this story produced by Kavita Barjatya and Kaushik Ghatak, we intend to present a positive message to the society.”
Kavita Barjatya Productions producer Kavita Barjatya said, “We are excited and honoured to associate with Sony Entertainment Television for our maiden television show ‘Ek Rishta Saajhedaari Ka’. The show highlights the importance of a family in nurturing the relationship of a newlywed couple. In today’s stressful scenarios, it is the family who is instrumental in strengthening the bond and keeping the relationship intact.”