- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Sony to open up 7.30 pm slot with ‘Peshwa Bajirao’ from 23 Jan
MUMBAI: Sony Entertainment Television (SET) is opening up the 7.30 pm slot, which was earlier airing repeats.
Original content will start on SET at 7.30 pm with the launch of ‘Peshwa Bajirao’ from 23 January.
It was earlier rumoured that ‘Peshwa Bajirao’ would replace Kavitha Barjatya’s ‘Ek Rishta Sajhedari Ka’. But now it is certain that SET will create a new time band, thus expanding its original hours of primetime content.
‘Peshwa Bajirao’ is a historical series based on the life of Bajirao, a general of the Maratha Empire in India. The ambitious project is helmed by Sphere Origins and produced by Nilanjana Purkayasstha’s Invictus T Mediaworks.
The half-an-hour show will feature Manish Wadhwa, Anuja Sathe, Mrinal Kulkarni, Raza Murad, Nawab Shah and Sanjay Batra in pivotal roles. The lead cast is yet to be revealed.
Starting January, the channel’s original content will comprise ‘Peshwa Bajirao’, ‘Sankat Mochan Mahabali Hanumaan’, ‘Ek Rishta Sajhedari Ka’, ‘Beyhadh’, ‘Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi’ and ‘Crime Patrol Dial 100’.
The weekday line-up will consist of ‘Indian Idol’, which was launched recently, followed by ‘C.I.D’ and ‘Crime Patrol Satark’.