- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Sony to offer six language feeds for UEFA Euro 2016
MUMBAI: Sony Pictures Networks (SPN) India will have six language feeds for the upcoming UEFA Euro 2016.
While Sony Six will air the English feed, Sony ESPN will broadcast five regional feeds, namely Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam. On the digital front, Sony LIV will stream the matches live.
This is the first time in India that there will be six language feeds for an international football tournament. The strategy to offer multiple regional feeds has been the result of the success of the Bengali feed on Sony Aath for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Sony believes that the multiple language feeds will bring the tournament closer to fans by presenting the content in a localised format for viewers across markets India.
The network recently launched its ‘Time to Switch’ campaign urging viewers to switch from other sports to football, and the multi-language feeds will give viewers another reason to ‘switch’ to the tournament.
The UEFA Euro will commence on 10 June until the finals that take place on 10 July.
The tournament will be telecast live and exclusive on Sony SIX and Sony ESPN channels at the primetime slots of 6:30 PM, 9:30 PM and 12:30 AM (IST).
Played once in four years, UEFA Euro 2016 is one of the biggest international football tournaments in the world. It showcases the best of football and will have some of the finest European teams including the two-time defending champions Spain, Germany, Portugal, Italy, England and many more playing for the coveted title of ‘European Champions’.