- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Sony to kick off Big B’s finite series ‘Yudh’ on 14 July
MUMBAI: Finally, the date of Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan’s fiction debut is out. Starting 14 July, Big B, as he is fondly known as, will star in Sony Entertainment Television’s (SET) finite series ‘Yudh’.
The show will air Monday-Thursday at 10.30 pm.
The story follows Yudhishthir Sikarwar (Big B), a real estate baron, who has recently been diagnosed with a degenerative neurological disorder. It traces his journey, his struggle with his collapsing health, his battle with business rivals and his complicated family equations.
‘Yudh’ is co-produced by Bachchan’s production company Saraswati Creations in collaboration with Endemol India. The series has Anurag Kashyap as the creative director along with Shoojit Sircar who has been roped in as a creative consultant.
The series is directed by Ribhu Dasgupta and cast includes Sarika, Aahana Kumra, Ayesha Raza, Zakir Hussain, Pavail Gulati, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Kay Kay Menon, Tigmanshu Dhulia and Mona Vasu.
While the promo of the show was first aired during the Indian Premiere League (IPL), SET had released last month a 50-foot poster of the show in the presence of Bachchan in New Delhi.