- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Sony to air new show ‘Pehredaar Piya Ki’ from 17 July
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC Sony Entertainment Television (SET) is set to air a new show, ‘Pehredaar Piya Ki’, from 17 July.
‘Pehredaar Piya Ki’ will air Monday–Friday, at 8.30 pm.
The show will replace Sony’s recently launched show ‘Jaat Ki Jugni’. Produced by Rashmi Sharma Telefilms, ‘Jaat Ki Jugni’ was launched in April this year. The show will air its last episode on 14 July.
After building its weekend programming, SET is focusing on structuring its weekday prime-time line-up. The channel is experimenting with different genres of shows.
The ratings of ‘Jaat Ki Jugni’ have been consistently low, as a result of which the channel has decided to replace it with ‘Pehredaar Piya Ki’. Produced by Shashi Sumeet Mittal, the show stars Tejaswi Prakash of ‘Swaragini’ fame, Afaan Khan and Suyyash Rai in the lead role.
‘Pehredaar Piya Ki’ tells the story of an 18-year-old princess named Diya (Tejaswi Prakash) who is married to a 10-year-old prince Ratan Singh (Afaan Khan).
The show projects the sensitive issue of child marriage. It aims to throw light on this social evil and its effect on people.