- Star Gold Select HD partners select DTH ops to showcase ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ in colour, B&W
- ALTBalaji offers subtitles for its original shows in three regional languages
- Unitech Moves Supreme Court Against Government Taking Over
- Court sends accused to police custody for two days in actress case
- UP shocker: 15-year-old cancer survivor gang-raped, then raped by passerby too
Sony Six to air Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Andre Berto fight in India
MUMBAI: Sports and entertainment channel Sony Six is set to showcase the most anticipated fight of the year featuring current world boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. versus WBA welterweight interim champion Andre Berto.
This fight, which takes place in Las Vegas, will be telecast live and exclusive on 13 September at 5:30 am (IST). It is expected to last for three hours.
The fight will be aired live on both Sony Six and Sony Six HD. The acquisition of the event features another follow-up to Fight Sports and Sony Six working together to bring India the ‘Fight of the Century’ featuring Mayweather versus Pacquiao in May 2015.
Sony Six and Sony Kix business head Prasana Krishnan said, “We are committed to driving and building a differentiated offering, and this fight is a definitive addition in making Sony Six truly ‘the Home of Fight Sports’. Boxing, as a sport promises sheer inimitable thrills and it’s that innate quality of the sport that is resonating with our viewers who are hungry for such high intensity action. We are absolutely thrilled to bring to our viewers in India, what can clearly be defined as the most-awaited fight of the year.”
“Sony Six has established itself as a premier destination for showcasing superior combat sports such as the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), GLORY, World Class Championship Boxing events and TNA.”