- RBI to issue new Rs 200 note tomorrow
- SC declares right to privacy as Fundamental right
- Swine flu kills 1094 in India in 8 months
- Liquor stocks gain after Supreme Court clarifies on Highway liquor ban
- The charge that Narayana Murthy forced Vishal Sikka to resign is a lie
- BJP attacks Mamata, says CM trying to create divide among religions
Sony Six bags TV rights to Sri Lanka-India series
MUMBAI: Finally, it’s official. Sony Six has acquired the exclusive broadcasting rights to the Sri Lanka-India Test series.
TelevisionPost.com had earlier reported that Sony Six was in the final lap of negotiations with the Sri Lanka cricket board to bag the rights.
Starting from 12 August, the 20-day tour includes three Test matches to be held in the cities of Galle, Colombo and Kandy. It will be shown live and exclusive on Sony Six.
Virat Kohli will captain the India squad. Sri Lanka’s ace batsman Kumar Sangakkara will retire from international cricket after the second Test match.
Said Sony Six and Sony Kix business head Prasana Krishnan, “We are delighted to partner Sri Lanka Cricket Board as the official broadcaster of the series. The fixture between the two Asian giants is one of the most sought after and keenly followed contests in cricket and we are proud to be bringing it live to our viewers. And it will be interesting to watch how the Indian squad fares under Virat’s aggressive style of leadership.”