- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Sony Pix tops English movie genre in Week 20
MUMBAI: The hierarchy of English movie channels was upset in the week ended 19 May.
Sony Pix took the top spot, edging out earlier week’s leader Movies Now 2. The channel improved two places and saw a 32.41% growth to post 2.87 million weekly impressions. In the preceding week, it had reported 2.17 million weekly impressions.
Star Movies stood second with 2.79 million weekly impressions, up 40.58% from the earlier week. The channel was fourth placed in Week 19, BARC data showed.
Movies Now jumped two places to be in third place, mopping up 2.56 million weekly impressions.
HBO slipped two places to be in the fourth place while Movies Now 2 occupied the fifth spot.
Top 5 movies
Sony Pix had two of its movies in the top two in Week 20, BARC data showed.
Star Movies also had two of its movie screenings in the top five.
Top English entertainment channels
Zee Cafe retained its top spot despite its weekly impressions dropping 23.59% to 285,000. In the prior week, the channel had mopped up 373,000 impressions.
Comedy Central HD occupied the second spot while FX climbed a rank to be in the third position. Star World fell a place while Colors Infinity SD found a space in the fifth spot.
Top infotainment channels
Discovery Channel continued to lead, though it shed 2.11% impressions in Week 20. The channel reported 4.56 million weekly impressions compared to 4.65 million a week ago.
History TV18 was in the second place, followed by Nat Geo Wild, which climbed two stairs to be in the third position.
NGC stayed put in the fourth place while Animal Planet dropped two ranks to occupy the fifth spot.
Top kids channels
There was only one change in the kids TV genre. Hungama replaced Pogo in the third spot, BARC data showed.
- Hindi GECs gain in Week 20
- Arnab’s Republic TV lords over English news channels even as viewership drops 19.55%
- Sony Max remains No. 1 by huge margin in Week 20