- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Sony Pix to premiere ‘American Hustle’ on 26 Dec
MUMBAI: English movie channel Sony Pix is set to premiere the black comedy crime movie ‘American Hustle’ on Saturday, 26 December, at 9 pm
Inspired by the real-life story of the FBI ABSCAM operation of the late 1970s, the film stars Amy Adams, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Robert De Niro along with Christian Bale.
The film is directed by David O Russell, known for his work like ‘Three Kings’ (1999), ‘The Fighter’ (2010) and ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ (2012).
The film is set in the alluring world of one of the most extraordinary scandals of the 1970s and tells the story of a brilliant con man named Irving Rosenfeld (Christian Bale), who along with his equally cunning and seductive partner Sydney Prosser (Amy Adams) is forced to work for a wild FBI agent Richie DiMaso (Bradley Cooper).
One of the most critically acclaimed movies of 2013, ‘American Hustle’ won three Golden Globe Awards and was nominated for 10 Academy Awards. It was also honoured with the Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Performance by a Cast, and the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Picture, Best Supporting Actress, and Best Screenplay, and was cited on over 230 top critics’ lists.
The film did an overall box office business worth $251.1 million with a rating of 7.3 on IMDB.
‘American Hustle’ on Sony Pix is presented by Moto 360, in association with Adidas and Van Heusen.