- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Sony Pix to air 5 films from ‘Mummy’ franchise
MUMBAI: This weekend, English movie channel Pix will transport viewers to the land of pyramids and emperors with the ‘The Mummy Pixathon’ – five films from the Mummy franchise (The Mummy Trilogy and its prequel The Scorpion King 1&2) throughout the day on 15 January, 9 am onwards.
The Mummy trilogy follows the story of an ancient Egyptian priest who is accidentally resurrected, bringing with him a powerful curse and the ensuing efforts of heroic archaeologists to stop him.
A surprise hit, ‘The Mummy’ went on to gross $416 million worldwide. Its box-office success led to the 2001 sequel, ‘The Mummy Returns’, and seven years later, the third instalment, ‘The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor’.
The makers, Steven Sommers, James Jacks and Sean Daniel, came back with ‘The Scorpion King’, a spin-off and a prequel to ‘The Mummy Returns’. This movie follows the story of Mathayus and his rise to become the Scorpion King which continues in the ‘The Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior’. Each film has created a massive hype globally with brilliant storyline and a great cast.