- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Sony Pix to air 5 films from ‘Mummy’ franchise
MUMBAI: This weekend, English movie channel Pix will transport viewers to the land of pyramids and emperors with the ‘The Mummy Pixathon’ – five films from the Mummy franchise (The Mummy Trilogy and its prequel The Scorpion King 1&2) throughout the day on 15 January, 9 am onwards.
The Mummy trilogy follows the story of an ancient Egyptian priest who is accidentally resurrected, bringing with him a powerful curse and the ensuing efforts of heroic archaeologists to stop him.
A surprise hit, ‘The Mummy’ went on to gross $416 million worldwide. Its box-office success led to the 2001 sequel, ‘The Mummy Returns’, and seven years later, the third instalment, ‘The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor’.
The makers, Steven Sommers, James Jacks and Sean Daniel, came back with ‘The Scorpion King’, a spin-off and a prequel to ‘The Mummy Returns’. This movie follows the story of Mathayus and his rise to become the Scorpion King which continues in the ‘The Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior’. Each film has created a massive hype globally with brilliant storyline and a great cast.