- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Sony Pix, Star Movies begin 2017 at the top of their genres
MUMBAI: Movies Now 2 entered the top five while Sony Pix hung on to the top spot in the first week of 2017.
Star Movies pushed Movies Now out of the No. 2 position while HBO moved a rank up to settle as the No. 4 English movie channel, according to BARC data for Week 1.
Top 5 movies
‘Jurassic World’ on Sony Pix was the most-watched movie in the week, followed by ‘The Jungle Book’ on Star Movies.
Sony Pix and Star Movies each had two of their movie screenings in the top five while Movies Now’s ‘Lucy’ was fifth-ranked.
Top 5 English entertainment channels
Zee Café and Comedy Central swapped places while the rest of the positions remained unaltered.
Star World retained its top position and gained viewership in Week 1.
Top 5 infotainment channels
There was no change in the pecking order of the top five infotainment channels. History TV18 led the pack, followed by Discovery Channel.
All the top five channels shed viewership in the first week of 2017, according to BARC data for the week ended 6 January.
Top 5 kids channels
Cartoon Network jumped a place to be at No. 2. Pogo fell two steps to be at No. 4 while Hungama gained a rank.
Disney Channel stayed put at No. 5 in a week where all the channels lost viewership.