- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Sony Pix, History TV18 lead their genres in Week 23
MUMBAI: Sony Pix displaced Movies Now to take the top spot in the week ended 9 June, BARC data showed.
Sony Pix collected 3.27 million impressions in Week 23, up 21.71% from the preceding week.
Movies Now saw a 31% decline in its viewership, garnering 2.84 million weekly impressions.
The hierarchy of the other English movie channels was undisturbed.
Top 5 English movies
Sony Pix had three of its movie screenings in the top 5 while Movies Now 2 and Zee Studio had one each.
From Russia with Love’, on Movies Now 2, was the week’s most-watched movie, with 4,700 impressions.
Top 5 infotainment channels
History TV18 surged ahead of Discovery Channel. History TV18 increased its weekly impressions by 16.26% to 4.69 million impressions. Discovery Channel stayed almost flat with 4.09 million impressions.
Animal Planet slipped a rank to be at No. 5. At No. 4 was Nat Geo Wild.
Top 5 English entertainment channels
Comedy Central SD found a place in the top 5, a rank ahead of its high-definition version.
FX was nowhere in the list, according to BARC data for Week 23. There was no other change in the pecking order.
Top 5 kids channels
The top order of kids’ channels remained the same.