- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Sony Pix and AXN to simulcast ‘Robocop’ premiere
MUMBAI: Multi Screen Media’s (MSM) English movie channel Sony Pix and English entertainment channel AXN India are all set to simulcast the premiere of the futuristic film ‘Robocop’.
The premiere will air on 19 October at 1 pm and 9 pm on both the channels. Viewers will be treated to a double dose of the crime eliminator.
Joel Kinnaman is the critically wounded Detroit detective who is rebuilt by the global OmniCorp as a crime-fighting cyborg. The cult classic in a new age futuristic film is packed with special effects and robot technology.
Set in the year 2028, director José Padilha’s ‘Robocop’ revolves around a world where mega-multinational OmniCorp headed by ruthless CEO Raymond Sellars (Michael Keaton) has become the US military’s major contractor. Over in the Middle East, its soldier drones and heavy artillery units are helping to enforce peace. Back home, its advanced robotics department is helping injured soldiers to walk again. But despite their best efforts, there’s one area of business they haven’t yet cracked, securing America’s own streets.
With US citizens unwilling to accept a police force made up of faceless robots, Sellars devises an audacious solution to fuse a real cop with an artificial body. OmniCorp sees their chance to build a part-man, part-robot police officer, but despite OmniCorp’s attempts to control their new ‘product, Murphy isn’t quite ready to play the puppet. Just like the original, the struggle between man and machine forms the backbone of this film.