- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Sony Pictures Network, Indian Music Lab launch new property ‘Artist of the Month’
MUMBAI: The music cluster of Sony Pictures Network India (SPNI) has collaborated with Indian Music Lab to launch a new property, ‘Artist of the Month’, to provide a platform for the next-gen singers to showcase their talent.
The property, which kick-starts on World Music Day 21 June, will be promoting 12 emerging singers over the course of one year on Sony Mix and Sony Rox HD.
The new initiative will provide an opportunity for upcoming singers to train under experienced artists and shape their ambitions into reality.
Sony Mix and Sony Rox HD will showcase one artist every month, with two of their original compositions airing on both the channels.
The first artist to be featured is Shikhar Kumar, who will showcase two original compositions ‘lbaadat’ and ‘Mannat Ka Dhaaga’. Other artists to be featured are Sachin Dave, Hansadhuti Kundu, Ashwani Bisoya, Nimit Luharuka, Aashima Mahajan, Alan, Kevin, Prashant, Neha Chauhan, Anurag Puranik and Manveer Sood.
SPNI, Sony Sab and Hindi movies and music cluster, senior EVP and business head Neeraj Vyas said, “Sony Mix and Sony Rox HD are among the preferred music channels in the country. Music has always occupied a central place in the hearts of Indians, but a lot of talent in this field is hidden and unexplored. In collaboration with Indian Music Lab, we are expanding our vision of making our music cluster, a holistic platform to nurture next-gen talent and original music content. We feel privileged to launch this new initiative and promote India’s rich music culture.”
This journey undertaken by Sony Mix and Rox HD offers a delightful showcase of fresh singing talent to its musically inclined viewer base. Going beyond the talent show routine, ‘Artist of the Month’ will become an ongoing platform for good singers to get recognition at a national level.