- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Sony Pictures Entertainment victim of hacking, top paid execs revealed
MUMBAI: Sony Pictures Entertainment has become a victim of a major online hack wherein the salaries of the top paid executives of the company were revealed in a document.
The multi-million dollar executives’ salaries have been posted by a blogger, who has put up the spread sheet of the top 17 executives earning $1 million or more.
A week after Sony Pictures Entertainment was hacked by a group calling itself Guardians of Peace, or #GOP, a blogger said that he received a file containing the documents from an anonymous e-mailer.
The spread sheet reflected the $3 million salaries of both CEO Michael Lynton and co-chairman Amy Pascal.
The salaries of Sony Television chief Steve Mosko who receives $2.8 million, production chief Doug Belgrad who earns $2.35 million and the co-chairmen of Sony Pictures Classics Tom Bernard and Michael Barker who earn $1 million each, were listed as well.
The studio’s computer, email and entire phone system were paralyzed in the hacker takedown that started on 24 November and took a week to set the systems right.
The studio’s Twitter accounts were also hacked. While the studio set up a parallel system offline, there is no solution found to undo the attack or identify the attackers. However, the FBI has launched an investigation.