- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Sony Pal expected to launch on 1 September; Juhi Chawla to be the face of the channel
MUMBAI: Multi Screen Media (MSM) is ready to launch its third Hindi general entertainment channel, Sony Pal. While an official announcement is expected soon, highly placed sources in the company have confirmed that the company is looking at 1 September as the launch date for the channel.
MSM has also roped in Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla to be the face of the channel. Earlier, media reports had suggested names such as Lara Dutta and Raveena Tandon.
Sources said that Sony Pal will primarily be a women-centric channel with a strong focus on small towns. “We are in the final stages of launch and all the formalities are done already. The tentative launch date for Sony Pal is 1 September,” a source said.
“Juhi Chawla is going to be the face of the channel,” he added.
The upcoming channel has already roped in top production houses to make shows for it. The list includes Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Telefilms, Shashi-Sumeet Productions, Rashmi Sharma Production and Sphere Origins.
MSM already runs two Hindi GECs – flagship channel Sony Entertainment Television (SET) and family light entertainment channel SAB.