- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Sony Pal expected to launch on 1 September; Juhi Chawla to be the face of the channel
MUMBAI: Multi Screen Media (MSM) is ready to launch its third Hindi general entertainment channel, Sony Pal. While an official announcement is expected soon, highly placed sources in the company have confirmed that the company is looking at 1 September as the launch date for the channel.
MSM has also roped in Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla to be the face of the channel. Earlier, media reports had suggested names such as Lara Dutta and Raveena Tandon.
Sources said that Sony Pal will primarily be a women-centric channel with a strong focus on small towns. “We are in the final stages of launch and all the formalities are done already. The tentative launch date for Sony Pal is 1 September,” a source said.
“Juhi Chawla is going to be the face of the channel,” he added.
The upcoming channel has already roped in top production houses to make shows for it. The list includes Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Telefilms, Shashi-Sumeet Productions, Rashmi Sharma Production and Sphere Origins.
MSM already runs two Hindi GECs – flagship channel Sony Entertainment Television (SET) and family light entertainment channel SAB.