- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Sony Max’s viewership skyrockets in Week 14 on the back of IPL
MUMBAI: It is that time of the year when Hindi movie channel Sony Max not just beats its filmy competitors but is also head and shoulders above the Hindi GECs.
With the Indian Premier League (IPL) kicking off, Sony Max’s weekly impressions shot up by a whopping 78.54% to 78.54 crore for the urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM), as per BARC data for Week 14.
Zee Cinema claimed the second position from Sony Wah, pushing the latter to third position.
Rishtey Cineplex fell to the fourth spot, while Star Utsav Movies replaced Zee Anmol Cinema at No. 5.
Top programs in Urban+Rural HSM
Four out of the top 5 programmes were dominated by the IPL, including three matches and ‘Extraa Innings’.
Zee Cine Awards was at the fifth position with 73.09 million impressions.
Top Hindi movie channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, Max’s impression increased by 64.85% to 44.61 crore. Sony Wah replaced Movies OK at No. 5. There was no other change in the segment.
Top programs in Urban HSM
The IPL and Zee Cine Awards 2017 dominated the top 5 programmes in urban HSM as well.
Top Hindi movie channels in Rural HSM
Sony Max replaced Sony Wah as the top channel in rural HSM. While Zee Anmol Cinema and Sony Wah fell by a single level, Rishtey Cineplex dropped to No. 5.
Top programs in Rural HSM
The top 5 programmes in rural HSM were the IPL and ‘Jaanbaaz Khiladi’.