- Delhi govt to launch campaign to control rising number of cases of dengue, malaria
- Jio woes: Airtel Q1 net profit tanks 75% to Rs 367 cr
- Sahara case: Supreme Court asks Subrata Roy to deposit Rs 1500 crore by September 7
- RBI stops printing Rs 2000 notes; Rs 200 note may hit market next month
- Jethmalani quits as Kejriwal's counsel, seeks Rs 2 crore fee
- Crackdown On Kashmiri Separatist Widens, Shabir Shah Also Arrested
- Mumbai building collapse: 17 killed; Shiv Sena leader, who wanted to make hotel on ground floor, arrested
- Floods wreak havoc in Gujarat, Rajasthan; Narendra Modi inspects home state as Assam recovers
Sony Max viewership jumps 70% due to IPL in Week 15
MUMBAI: Hindi movie channel Sony Max’s viewership reached record levels thanks to the Indian Premier League (IPL), as per BARC data for Week 15.
The channel’s weekly impressions jumped almost 70% to 133.4 crore in urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM).
Sony Wah jumped to the second spot, pushing Zee Cinema to No. 3. Zee Anmol Cinema and Star Gold were back in the top 5.
Top 5 programs in Urban+Rural HSM
The top 5 programmes were dominated by IPL matches, with the KKR vs Mumbai Indians match being the top-rated match.
Top 5 Hindi movie channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, the top four positions remained unchanged while Movies OK replaced Sony Wah at No. 5.
Top 5 programs in Urban HSM
There was no competition for the IPL even in urban HSM as the IPL matches remained the table toppers.
Top Hindi movie channels in Rural HSM
The rural HSM saw swapping of positions between Rishtey Cineplex and Star Utsav Movies.
Top 5 programs in Rural HSM
The IPL matches dominated the top 5 programmes in rural HSM as well.