- OnePlus 5 to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, first smartphone in India
- Apple TV updates Twitter with live 360 degree videos feature
- Infosys Ltd announces its new strategy to hire and train 10,000 American workers over the next two years.
- Uber will roll-out new feature in India, enabling users to unlock custom Snapchat filters
- Hollywood star Brad Pitt visits India to promote his Netflix release 'War Machine’
- Wolrd Organisation UN denies Pakistan’s claim that Indian troops targeted UN vehicle near LoCs
- Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court grants bail to five accused in coal case against Naveen Jindal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stresses on reducing dependence on other countries for getting medical equipment, to make treatment affordable for people
- Devendra Fadnavis chopper crash lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM and team escapes unhurt
Sony Max viewership jumps 70% due to IPL in Week 15
MUMBAI: Hindi movie channel Sony Max’s viewership reached record levels thanks to the Indian Premier League (IPL), as per BARC data for Week 15.
The channel’s weekly impressions jumped almost 70% to 133.4 crore in urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM).
Sony Wah jumped to the second spot, pushing Zee Cinema to No. 3. Zee Anmol Cinema and Star Gold were back in the top 5.
Top 5 programs in Urban+Rural HSM
The top 5 programmes were dominated by IPL matches, with the KKR vs Mumbai Indians match being the top-rated match.
Top 5 Hindi movie channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, the top four positions remained unchanged while Movies OK replaced Sony Wah at No. 5.
Top 5 programs in Urban HSM
There was no competition for the IPL even in urban HSM as the IPL matches remained the table toppers.
Top Hindi movie channels in Rural HSM
The rural HSM saw swapping of positions between Rishtey Cineplex and Star Utsav Movies.
Top 5 programs in Rural HSM
The IPL matches dominated the top 5 programmes in rural HSM as well.