- Star Gold Select HD partners select DTH ops to showcase ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ in colour, B&W
- ALTBalaji offers subtitles for its original shows in three regional languages
- Unitech Moves Supreme Court Against Government Taking Over
- Court sends accused to police custody for two days in actress case
- UP shocker: 15-year-old cancer survivor gang-raped, then raped by passerby too
Sony Max to premiere Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Hindi Medium’ on 23 September
MUMBAI: Hindi movie channel Sony Max is airing the world television premiere of Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Hindi Medium’ on 23 September at 8 pm.
Directed by ace director Saket Chaudhary, the movie has Irrfan Khan, Saba Qabar and Deepak Dobriyal in pivotal roles. ‘Hindi Medium’ revolves around the story of Raj Batra (Irrfan Khan) and Mita Batra (Saba Qabar) who are a well-off couple and reside in Delhi’s Chandi Chowk.
Raj owns a shop where he sells first copies of designer lehngas while Mita is a homemaker. Trouble begins in Raj and Mita’s paradise when they try to admit their daughter Piya into an English Medium school. To what extent will the parents go to get their daughter admitted to an elite school?
“’Hindi Medium’ is a farcical take on the situations and difficulties which parents face while putting their kids into school. It is becoming absurd. You won’t even believe what kind of situations they have to go through and what our characters go through. They even have to change their identity sometimes,” commented Khan.