- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Sony Max to premiere ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!’ on 30 May
MUMBAI: Just a month and a half into its theatrical release, Sushant Singh Rajput-starrer mystery thriller ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!’ is all set to make its television debut on Hindi movie channel Sony Max on 30 May at 8 pm and 31 May at 1 pm.
This will be the first film premiere on the channel post the Indian Premier League (IPL), which culminates on 24 May. ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!’ was released in theatres on 3 April.
The film is a contemporary interpretation of war-torn Calcutta of the early 1940s, a time when Japanese and Chinese smugglers were engaged in covert activities to seize the city from British control.
The movie trails the first adventure of Byomkesh (Sushant Singh Rajput) as he pits himself against an evil genius who is out to destroy the world.