- Honeypreet's bail plea: Delhi High court reserves order, asks her to surrender
- MIB seeks compliance report from Arasu on digitisation
- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Malegaon blast accused Major Ramesh Upadhyay gets bail from Bombay High Court
Sony Max, Sony Wah top channels in urban and rural HSM in Week 8
MUMBAI: Sony Max and Sony Wah retained their positions as the top Hindi movie channels in urban and rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM), respectively, as per BARC India data for Week 8 based on the updated universe estimate (UE).
As per the UE, there was a whopping 18% jump in the total TV households with the number of rural TV homes overtaking urban.
Week 8 data is not comparable with the previous week’s data as the former is based on NCCS all: 2+ individuals while Week 7 and prior data is based on NCCS all: 4+ individuals.
Sony Max led urban + rural HSM with 43.45 crore weekly impressions, followed by Sony Wah at 41.46 crore impressions. Zee Cinema and Star Gold occupied the third and fourth spots with 36.41 crore and 34.37 crore impressions respectively. At No. 5, Zee Anmol Cinema is the only free-to-air (FTA) in the top 5 with 32.71 crore impressions.
Top movies in Urban+Rural HSM
Sony Max had two of its movie screenings in the top five.
‘Shivaay’ on Star Gold was the top-rated movie in Week 8.
Top Hindi movie channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, Sony Max was the leader followed by Star Gold and Zee Cinema. Sony Max had 25.53 crore impressions while Star Gold and Zee Cinema had 21.76 crore and 19.75 crore impressions.
&Pictures and Movies OK occupied the fourth and the fifth positions with 11.65 crore and 10.71 crore impressions.
Top Hindi movies in Urban HSM
Sony Max had three movies in the top five table.
Top Hindi movie channels in Rural HSM
The rural HSM was dominated by Sony Wah, followed by Zee Anmol Cinema and Star Utsav Movies. Rishtey Cineplex was at the fourth spot, followed by Sony Max.
Top Hindi movies in Rural HSM
Sony Wah had four of its movies in the top five table.