- Govt to integrate BHIM app with Aadhaar for transactions
- Baby steps for Flipkart: Invests $2 million in parenting network TinyStep
- Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea, Peter Mukerjea charged with murder
- Bharti Airtel, Reliance Jio spar over home broadband
- Sensex negative, Nifty tests 8400; RIL sheds over 2%
- GST deadlock ends: All set for 1 July roll out; uncertainty clears for India Inc
- EC decision helps pass Samajwadi Party legacy to son Akhilesh
- Reserve Bank of India raises daily withdrawal limit from ATMs to Rs 10000
- Underwater search for missing Malaysian flight ends without a trace
Sony Max, Sony ESPN to air Pro Wrestling League 2; Sony Liv to live-stream
MUMBAI: After the success of the first season last year, Sony Pictures Networks India (SPNI) is all set to broadcast the second season of the Pro Wrestling League (PWL) on network channels Sony Max and Sony ESPN.
The league format tournament will run from 2 to 19 January and will be telecast on Sony Max and Sony ESPN channels at 7 pm. It will also be live-streamed on the Sony Liv app and website.
The second edition of PWL hosts a line-up of homegrown talent including Olympic Bronze medallist Sakshi Malik; the Phogat sisters—Geeta, Ritu, Sangita and Babita Kumari; Bajrang Punia, and Sandeep Tomar, to name just a few. In addition, some of the top international wrestlers like Olympic Gold medallist Erica Wiebe, Odunayo Folasade, Sofia Mattsson, Togrul Asgarov and Vladimir Khinchegashvili will be seen battling it out in their respective weight categories.
This season the PWL will have six teams—Jaipur Ninjas, Delhi Sultans, Mumbai Maharathi, CDR Punjab Royals, Haryana Hammers and UP Dangal, which is making its debut this season.
With the success of the recently released movie ‘Dangal’, which chronicles the journey of the Phogat sisters, this season of the PWL has generated high levels of interest.