- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Sony Max sees spurt in viewership as IPL rules the roost
MUMBAI: The Indian Premier League (IPL) continued to rule the roost, with Sony Max’s overall impressions seeing a spurt after declining for two consecutive weeks. The channel mopped up 112.9 crore impressions in Week 18, up from 110.2 crore impressions a week ago.
Hindi movie channel Star Gold re-entered the top 5 of urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM), says BARC data for the week ended 5 May. Zee Anmol Cinema exited the top 5 while the top 4 remained unchanged.
Top 5 programs in U+R HSM
Two of the five top 5 IPL matches in urban + rural HSM garnered over 15 million impressions while the remaining three garnered over 14 million impressions.
Top Hindi movie channels in Urban HSM
The urban HSM pecking order remained unchanged. Sony Max led the pack with 61.7 crore impressions in the week ended 5 May. Zee Cinema, the second in the hierarchy, lagged way behind at 20.6 crore weekly impressions.
Top 5 programs in Urban HSM
Four of the five matches had more than 8 million impressions.
Top Hindi movie channels in Rural HSM
In rural HSM, Rishtey Cineplex ousted Zee Anmol Cinema from No. 3. The top two and the bottom rankings remained unchanged.
Sony Max was the top channel with 51.2 crore weekly impressions. Sony Wah, the sond-ranked channel, garnered 30.2 crore weekly impressions.
Top 5 programs in Rural HSM
The top 5 IPL matches had over 6 million impressions each.