- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Sony Max remains No. 1 by huge margin in Week 20
MUMBAI: With the Indian Premier League (IPL) entering its penultimate stage in Week 20, Sony Max remained the top channel in the Hindi movies genre by a huge margin.
However, the channel’s weekly impressions decreased by 11.32% to 92.28 crore in urban + rural Hindi-speaking market (HSM) for the same period.
As per BARC India data for the week ended 19 May, Star Gold entered the top 5 at No. 3, while Zee Cinema and Star Utsav Movies slid to the fourth and fifth positions respectively.
Top programs in U+R HSM
The qualifier between the Rising Pune Supergiants and the Mumbai Indians was the most-watched match on Sony Max with 19.4 million impressions, followed by the KKR vs Mumbai Indians match, which notched 18.7 million impressions.
The top 5 programmes were dominated by IPL matches.
Top Hindi movie channels in Urban HSM
In urban HSM, Star Gold and Zee Cinema swapped the second and third positions. Other three positions remained unchanged.
Top programs in Urban HSM
The KKR vs Mumbai Indians qualifier emerged as the top programme in urban HSM with 10.9 million impressions, while the playoff between RPS and Mumbai Indians was at No. 2 with 10.4 million impressions.
Top Hindi movie channels in Rural HSM
There was no change in the pecking order in the rural HSM.
Top programs in Rural HSM
The qualifiers secured the top two positions, followed by other IPL matches in the top 5.