- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Sony Max and Max 2 to run SRK film festival
MUMBAI: Hindi movie channels Sony Max and Max 2 will give fans of the Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan a double treat.
The movie line-up is titled as ‘Friday Superhits’ on Max and ‘Friday Talkies’ on Max 2.
Every Friday from 29 May to 26 June at 9 pm on Max and 8 pm on Max 2, a popular SRK movie will be aired.
Max and Max 2 senior EVP and business head Neeraj Vyas said, “Shah Rukh Khan is an iconic actor who continues to win hearts even today across age groups. His success as an actor can be attributed to his films which like timeless classics have the ability to leave audiences spell bound. We do hope our audiences enjoy their fill of ‘King Khan’ and tune in to catch the 2 movie festivals on our channels.”
Max will showcase movies like ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’, ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaayenge’, ‘Chak De India’ and ‘Mohabbatein’.
On the other hand, Max 2 will showcase classic movies of the actor like ‘Dil Toh Pagal Hai’, ‘Karan Arjun’, ‘Koyla’ and ‘Darr’.
The festival is a conglomeration of some of King Khan’s most successful movies ranging from the classic ‘Darr’ where he plays the role of an obsessed lover to the simpleton Surinder Sahni in ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’, to a London- bred Punjabi boy Raj Malhotra in ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’ to the harbinger of love, Raj Aryan in ‘Mohabbatein’ and the artistic genius Rahul in ‘Dil To Pagal Hai’. His versatility as an influential actor is brought to light through films like ‘Chak De India’ and ‘Karan Arjun’.