- Delhi: Five schoolboys arrested for stabbing 17-year-old to death aboard moving bus
- HT Media’s digital business under new entity to get listed on stock exchange
- Kerala nurse assaulted on vaccination drive
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos' net worth is now over $100-bn
- Ryan schoolboy murder: Class 11 student to be defended by Rajesh-Nupur Talwars' lawyer
- Kashmir militants kill Territorial Army jawan
Sony Le Plex HD to air ‘Foxcatcher’ on 4 December
MUMBAI: Sony Le Plex HD will premiere award-winning movie ‘Foxcatcher’ on 4 December at 1 pm. The repeat will air at 9 pm.
Directed by Bennett Miller, the film revolves around multimillionaire John du Pont (Steve Carell) who runs and funds a training academy after being unable to make a mark as a wrestler himself due to family pressure. He invites Olympic wrestler Mark Schultz (Channing Tatum) to move to his estate and trains him to become a part of his wrestling team ‘Foxcatcher’.
The training proves to be a shining phase for Mark, who overcomes the shadow of his wrestler brother Dave (Mark Ruffalo). With the growing success, control freak Du Pont begins to silently destroy Mark; however Dave comes to his rescue. Du Pont becomes obsessed with admitting Dave into his Foxcatcher team, eventually driving all three towards a shocking tragedy.
The film received 5 nominations at Academy Awards, 3 nominations in Golden Globe, and a nomination for the prestigious Palme d’Or. Bennett Miller won the Best Director Award for the film at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival.